Young Carers at Campion
What is a young carer?
A young carer is somebody who cares for or is affected by someone else at home – usually a parent or sibling – who suffers from physical or mental ill health, or who has substance misuse issues.
The person they care for may suffer from:
- mental health problems
- chronic ill-health
- drug and alcohol misuse
How do we support Young Carers at Campion?
- We make sure that we have frequent contact with you and your family.
- We can signpost you and your family to other agencies and services that may be able to help.
- We can make contact with teachers at the school to make them aware that you might sometimes struggle with homework.
- We can offer help to get homework completed in school at after school clubs.
- We have a lunch time drop-in session on Monday lunch time in A12 for young carers to attend.
We have a member of staff, Mrs. Richens, who co-ordinates the work we do with you and your family and the school, she is supported by Mrs. Probert.
You can contact Mrs Richens at email@example.com
We work in partnership with Warwickshire Young Carers to support you.