As Head of RE (Religious Education) my vision is:
• To raise standards of achievement
• To continue current good practice
• For students to value the RE curriculum and that this provision meets individual learners needs, concerns and aspirations
• A strong partnership between RE and Careers Education.
• For students to be provided with the tools to assist their skills and qualities needed for the world of work
Julie Gardner (Head of RE/Careers Education)
KS3 RE consists of 1 lesson in two weeks. The following topics are covered:
YeaImages of God, Holy Books, Holy Week, Old Testament Heroes, Festivals of Light, People of Faith, Creation, Resurrection.
Students take part in the ‘Christmas and Easter Experience’ and get involved in ‘Open Space’.
KS4 students on Lifeskills Days have the opportunity to learn about:
Year 9 – Poverty (How many people in today’s society are finding life financially
Year 10 - What it means to be a Christian (Many Christians will find support in Churches).
Year 11 – Spirituality (There are many people turning to seek some sort of spirituality to help with their lives.)