In order to ensure that all pupils are provided with the opportunity to extend their learning outside of the classroom and beyond, the English Department set regular homework tasks, in line with the whole school homework policy. The English department are committed to setting relevant and engaging homework activities/tasks, whether this be research tasks, literacy-based tasks, extended pieces of writing, essay writing or exam-style questions for completion at home. We would encourage that all pupils keep on top of their homework and adhere to any deadlines set by individual class teachers. Further, pupils across key stages 3 and 4 are expected to commit a certain amount of time to private reading each week and we would like to thank you for your continued support in overseeing this homework activity.
GCSE Texts for Study:
* AQA Poetry Anthology – Poems Past and Present: Power and Conflict Cluster
* Priestley, J.B. – An Inspector Calls
* Shakespeare, William – Romeo and Juliet
* Stevenson, Robert Louis – The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Suggested GCSE Texts to Support Further Study:
* CGP Books. ‘GCSE English Text Guide – Romeo and Juliet.’ ISBN 13 : 978-1841461182
* CGP Books. ‘GCSE English Text Guide – The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.’ ISBN: 9781782943082
* CGP Books. ‘GCSE English Text Guide – An Inspector Calls.’ ISBN 13: 9781841461151*
* CGP Books. ‘GCSE English Text Guide – Animal Farm.’ ISBN 13: 9781847626677*
* CGP Books. ‘GCSE English Text Guide – Power and Conflict Poetry.’ ISBN 13 : 9781782943617
* Scicluna, John, Ed. ‘An Inspector Calls – York Notes’. ISBN 13: 978-1408248737
*It is advisable that pupils check with individual subject teachers to see which text(s) they will be studying.
Suggested A-Level Texts to Support Further Study:
Pupils should refer to the suggested lists for both compulsory and suggested wider reading, as provided by class teachers.
Suggested Websites to Support GCSE Preparation: