Covid Information for parents January 2022
Covid Guidance for attendance
From 14 December 2021, adults who are fully vaccinated and all children and young people aged between 5 and 18 years and 6 months (pupils) identified as a contact of someone with COVID-19 are strongly advised to take a LFD test every day for 7 days and continue to attend their setting as normal, unless they have a positive test result.
Daily testing of close contacts applies to all contacts who are:
- fully vaccinated adults – people who have had 2 doses of an approved vaccine
- all children and young people aged 5 to 18 years and 6 months (pupils), regardless of their vaccination status
- people who are not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons
- people taking part, or have taken part, in an approved clinical trial for a COVID-19 vaccine
Government guidelines currently say if your child tests positive on a LFD test then they should self-isolate immediately and do not need to book a PCR. They should then return to school either:
· 7 days later if they test negative on a LFD test on day 6 and 7 or
· 10 days later when they will not be infectious.