At GCSE students benefit from the opportunity to have variety in their learning style and remain well rounded as a student of the arts as well as other disciplines. We follow the OCR GCSE Drama examination specification.
During the three years of Key Stage 4 we aim to offer an opportunity to visit professional at least once each academic year.
At GCSE students:
* Enhance their basic dramatic skills, creating more sophisticated and developed performances.
* Explore further Theatrical practice with practitioners such as Brecht providing a contrast to their knowledge of Stanislavski.
* Learn to both analyse and practically explore a play text.
* Stage a shortened version of a Shakespeare play and aim to take this to the RSC’s school Shakespeare festival.
* Devise a performance based on a Stimulus given by the exam board.
* Perform extracts from a published play to a visiting examiner.
* Analyse and explore a published play text as well as a piece of Live Theatre they have seen.